Big Hair Inspiration...Taking Maximum Hold of Your LifeBIG HAIR Inspiration: Nothing Doing This Weekend

Friday, June 22, 2007

Nothing Doing This Weekend

Whew! I'm tired. I just finished cleaning my house while my two year-old son followed behind me. Which means I clean, he makes a mess of what I just wiped down, and then the cycle starts again. Think sliding glass door.

So, because it's Friday, and I'm smelling like Mr.Clean and vinegar (it's great on mirrors -- no streaks), I am going to post a quote from Thomas Merton (1915-68). Merton was an acclaimed spiritual writer, poet, author and social activist. I became familiar with his work during a silent retreat I took earlier this year. (But that's a post for another day...)

Anyway, here it is. Enjoy your weekend. And take some time to rest. You deserve it.

*******************************
Some of us need to discover that we will not begin to live more fully until we have the courage to do and see and taste and experience much less than usual.

There are times, then, when in order to keep ourselves in existence at all we simply have to sit back for a while and do nothing.

And for a man who has let himself be drawn completely out of himself by his activity, nothing is more difficult than to sit still and rest, doing nothing at all.

The very act of resting is the hardest and most courageous act he can perform.

No comments: