Big Hair Inspiration...Taking Maximum Hold of Your LifeBIG HAIR Inspiration: Today is the future I created yesterday

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Today is the future I created yesterday


I found this quote in one of my day-by-day desk calendars. I liked it so much, I ripped it out and stuck it on the bulletin board in my home office.

It reminds me that we have the power in the present moment to create what we want in our lives.

Do you know someone who is just “waiting” to be happy? Maybe she will be happy when
...her co-workers change for the better.
…her kids get older.
…she loses those extra 15 pounds.

The truth is, you can choose to live a happy and fulfilled life – RIGHT NOW.

Regardless of how your kids behave in public, how much you want your spouse/significant other to pick up his socks, or how you will make that big purchase WHEN you win the lottery.

Yes, external factors can frustrate you. However, by staying in the present moment, you can choose happiness by directing your thoughts to be more productive.

Consider this. If every one of your thoughts was a seed you were planting for the future (say, tomorrow), what will you harvest? Will your garden bear delicious, ripe fruit…or will you be left with a fistful of weeds?

Here are some ways you can stay in the present moment, and sow the seeds of success:

• Choose a theme for the day. I keep a cup full of angel cards on my nightstand. Each card has one word, such as “Purpose,” “Humor,” or “Adventure.” Each morning, I randomly select a card which is my lesson for the day. Without fail, the message is played out sometime during the day. For instance, one morning I picked “Education.” That same morning, I met Sheri, who told me how she started a blog, and gave me tips on starting one of my own. There are a variety of cards on the market today, so you can choose a deck that appeals to you.

• Use your listening skills. By this, I mean REALLY listen to what the other person is saying. Admit it…we are usually our favorite topic of conversation. But, for one day, listen to the other person without wanting to interrupt with your own stories or thoughts. After the conversation, bring to mind at least three things the other person said. Hint: If you can’t remember at least three things, you probably talked too much.

• At the end of the day, take a few minutes release any regrets or resentments. Think about those who are frustrating you. Then, ask yourself what they are teaching you. Say to yourself, “I no longer allow myself to feel ______ (upset, sad, angry, etc.) about this situation with _____ (person). I bless you and release you in peace.” This is a great nighttime ritual, as it cleans the slate so you can start the next day on a positive note.

1 comment:

Blog Owner said...

I'm so glad you started your blog! It's addicting, isn't it?!?!